Delilah W. Pierce led by example and was an advocate for lifting up underserved communities. That’s why she was a fierce supporter of The Anacostia Neighborhood Museum. According to the Smithsonian Institution Archives:
The Anacostia Neighborhood Museum opened on September 15, 1967, in the historic Carver Theater in Anacostia, Washington, DC, as a “store-front museum” to reach underserved communities. In 1987, the museum relocated to a new building at 1901 Fort Place SE, Washington, DC. In 2006, it was renamed the Anacostia Community Museum.
Delilah W. Pierce regularly exhibited from 1968 to 1989 (Click to view Delilah’s list of exhibitions). The program from the 1974-1975 exhibition may be viewed by clicking: Delilah W. Pierce’s Artwork Featured In Exhibition 1974-75 At the Anacostia Neighborhood Museum-Smithsonian Institution.