Delilah W. and Joseph Pierce were fierce advocates for social and economic empowerment in the United States and around the world. On August 25, 1979 they both attended a party at the home of local Washington, DC artist S. Bruce Brown. The party was to support the National Council of Negro Women’s efforts to help empower Puerto Rican women. Please take a moment to read Nikki Nakatani’s Baltimore Afro-American Washington Sidelights.
- Compulsory Sterilization in Puerto Rico
- Politics of Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rican Suffrage Referendum, 1970
- Political Status of Puerto Rico
- Quick History of Puerto Rico
- National Council of Negro Women