- Art Teacher on Junior and Senior High School Levels, DC Public Schools 1925 – 1952
- Professor of Art and Art Education and Supervisor of Student Teachers in Art Education, DC Teachers College 1952 ‑ 1971 (Retired)
- Visiting Professor, Art Education, Howard University 1968 – 1969
- Exhibiting Artist/Painter since 1948 – 1992
Education: Art and Art Education:
- Diploma and Teacher Certification, Miner Normal (Miner Teachers College/DC Teachers College/University of DC) Domestic Art Education/Fine Art Education, 1923-1925
- BS, Howard University, Washington, DC, 1931 – Fine Art and Education
- MA, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York City Studio Work ‑ Lois Jones/Celine Tabary, James Wells, Ralph Pearson, V. Vytlacil, Jack Perlmutter
- Post Graduate Work, University of Pennsylvania, University of Chicago, New York University. Summer 1924
- Educational Travel and Study, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and many areas of the USA. 1952 – 1962 – 1971 – 1975.
- Honorary Degree/Doctor of Humane Letters, 15th Commencement, University of the District of Columbia, Washington, DC May 9, 1992.